Everything you need to know about contact lenses
Categories and their use
- Contact lenses are divided into rigid and soft lenses.
- Soft lenses are divided into silicone hydrogel and hydrogel lenses.
- Soft contact lenses are divided into daily, monthly, 15 day and yearly replacement.
- Soft colored contact lenses are also available.
Rigid contact lenses
- They can correct all refractive anomalies without degree limits.
- Ideal for dry eyes.
- Their material does not absorb tear like soft contacts do.
- They are also used in cases of injured cornea.
Why so many different prices?
Contact lenses may look alike, but each one is made for another use:
- Simple: 5 € / pair for up to 3 hours of use per day
- Comfort: 10 € / pair for up to 10 hours of use per day
- Premium: 14 € / pair for up to 18 hours of use per day
Tips for proper use
- Always note the first day you use your lenses in order not to exceed the allowable use time.
- Wash your hands before and after applying contact lenses.
- Use the solution recommended by your optician and suitable for your own lenses.
- Clean the lens case with the same solution.
Bad habits contact lens users have
Clear vision at all distances without glasses
Multiple focal points
Daily or monthly replacement
Relief from headaches or dizziness
Single vision contact lenses
Clear distant vision without glasses
Soft or semi-hard
Hydrogel or silicone hydrogel
Daily, monthly, 15-day or annual replacement
Keratoconus contact lenses
When the cornea shows greater curvature in in one area and is often thinner, then we talk about keratoconus
The best solution for good eyesight are the keratoconus contact lenses
Correction of blurred and distorted vision created by keratoconus
Personalized design for everyone
Prosthetic contact lenses
- A disfigured or deformed iris
- A disfigured or deformed pupil
- Corneal scarring following an injury or disease
- Contact lens for presbyopia
- One eye is used for distance and the other eye near
- Alternative to multifocal contact lenses
- Method that only works with the use of contact lenses and not by wearing glasses
- Specially designed semi hard contact lenses
- Use of lenses during sleep
- Lens removal in the morning
- Clear vision during the day without contacts or glasses
- Not a permanent solution
Control of myopia development
Decelaration of myopia in children between 8-12 years old
- Use of Ortho-K contact lenses
The most famous brands
- Alcon: Air Optix, Dailies, Freshlook
- Cooper Vision: Biofinity, Avaira Vitality, Proclear
- Johnson & Johnson: Acuvue Moist, Acuvue Oasys
- Bausch & Lomb: Soflens, Biotrue, Purevision
Contact lenses at Mavili Square
- Our experienced optometrists provide you with a free eye exam.
- Specialized opticians will assist you with applying contact lenses.
- We offer ONLY BRANDED PRODUCTS at the most competitive prices!
- Get the VIP CARD for amazing benefits for free!