Everything you need to know about Eyeglasses
- For many centuries the eyeglasses were made of wood, horn or bone.
- To date, the name of the inventor of the first glasses has not been revealed.
- In 1780 Benjamin Franklin created the first bifocal eyeglasses.
- Monocle glasses prevailed in England in the early 19th century.
What do the numbers in the eyeglass prescription mean
- (OD): oculus dextrus = right eye (OS): oculus sinister = left eye.
- (SPH): spherical, the degree of nearsightedness or farsightedness.
- (CYL): cylinder, the degree of the astigmatism.
- (AXIS): axis, reveals the orientation of the astigmatism.
How does someone with farsightedness see?
- The image is focused behind the retina, making objects blurry.
- Someone with farsightedness can see better far rather than near.
- When someone with farsightedness is young, his eye is very adaptable and often does not realize that it needs glasses.
- When presbyopia usually begin, is when the person realizes the difficulty in looking far.
Computer Glasses - Protection from blue radiation
- Blue light is part of the visible spectrum of ultraviolet radiation that can cause severe vision problems.
- Long-term use of screens requires the use of lenses with a blue filter.
- The radiation through these lenses is bound to allow a very small part of it to pass through the eye.
What are the features of a good quality frame?
- Good quality lenses are most important.
- The temples should be able to adjust to the shape of the head.
- Comfortable nosepads.
- Materials and colors free of allergens.
Eyeglasses at Mavili Square
- The experienced opticians will help you understand what others never explained.
- Together we will go through your daily needs to find the best glasses for you.
- We only offer the most famous brands!
- At the best prices for you!
- English speaking opticians in Athens welcome you!